ARIZONA GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT
Wildlife Health Technician
OPENING DATE: 9/20/2016
CLOSING DATE: 10/4/2016
DEPARTMENT: Arizona Game and Fish
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $27,110 – $35,000 Salary
- Will perform a variety of technical and entry level professional wildlife work in support of biologists in wildlife management and research programs
- Assist with research projects in wildlife health and disease, wildlife captures, mortality investigations, animal care and handling and collecting samples for the chronic wasting disease (CWD) surveillance program
- Maintain and enter data into the wildlife health and disease databases and analyze data pertaining to wildlife health and disease diagnosis
- Coordinate with regional personnel, taxidermists, and meat processors for sample acquisition
- Assist with providing training to Department employees in chemical capture and immobilization necropsy methods.
- Assist with preparing reports and implementation of research projects according to study proposals and plans
- Assist supervisor with presenting scientific findings at symposia and public meetings. Order and distribute supplies for collecting samples from and providing care to wildlife. Assignments occasionally require working extended periods of time, an irregular schedule and in primitive field conditions. Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of: scientific method and thought, wildlife and basic wildlife management techniques, proper operation and maintenance of field equipment and vehicles, animal diseases and infection control procedures, laboratory procedures and laboratory safety, animal physiology and animal care, and first aid. The candidate must be skilled in data entry and processing, record keeping, handling, collecting, marking and releasing various wildlife species, laboratory methods and animal sampling techniques, and inventory and supply management. Candidates must be able to work in diverse environments and conditions, interpersonal relationships, work alone as well as in a team, follow complex series of instructions to complete assigned tasks, and oral and written communication.The preferred candidate will have a degree in Fish and Wildlife Management, Wildlife Diseases, Wildlife Health, Veterinary Science, Veterinary Technology, Animal Health Technology or a combination of these degrees.
To apply visit: https://azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/