Part-time SeaTREK Guide
Agency: OdySea Aquarium
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
JOB TYPE: Part-time
The position requires a dedicated individual who will take direction from the Sea Trek Manager, Supervisor, and Senior Husbandry Management in carrying out all aspects of the Sea Trek Experience, as well as other related projects and programs. This includes all aspects of a VIP guest experience as well as animal husbandry, exhibit maintenance, and holding area management. Responsibilities will also include maintaining organized written records pertaining to animal health, feeding, and behavioral observations. Fostering a positive work team atmosphere, attention to animal health, exhibit excellence and visitor experience are the driving priorities in accomplishing the goals of this position.
- Age 18 or older with a minimum of an Associates’ Degree in Biology, Marine Science, or related field and/or equivalent documented work experience at a reputable aquatics facility
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays. Ability to respond to emergencies on an on-call basis.
- Clearly speak, write and understand English
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written – and the desire to strive for an optimal work environment through teamwork and dedication
- Rescue Diver certification (preferred) or Advanced certification from a recognized SCUBA training organization required.
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to work a variable schedule including weekends, holidays and some evenings when called upon
- Computer and administrative skills as related to daily work duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a constantly changing environment as well as individually, with a minimum of supervision..