Gila Watershed Partnership Habitat Restoration Manager Position
Location: Safford, AZ
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
JOB TYPE: Full-time/Salary
To improve the water quality and ecosystem condition of the Upper Gila Watershed while enriching the local community through education and economic opportunity.
The Habitat Restoration Manager is responsible for operating and refining the GWPs restoration program. The position includes planning and supervising restoration projects, managing contracts, collecting monitoring data, analyzing results, and communicating lessons learned to the broader scientific and management community. The Habitat Restoration Manager will work locally with contractors, landowners, partners and stakeholders to accomplish restoration goals, report progress, use outcomes to improve future planning, and revise protocols as needed to ensure successful project completion. There is potential for growth and development of this position and program.
- Master’s Degree in Biology, Conservation, Ecology, or related field, or a bachelor’s degree in the same with experience leading projects from beginning to end.
- Positive attitude and ability to inspire and motivate team members
Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a wide variety of constituents through meetings, presentation, and writing
- Three years minimum applied field experience in the field of habitat restoration
- Demonstrated successful experience leading and managing field crews or teams
- Proficient in ArcGIS suite
- Proven ability to manage and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Should be a good listener.
- Demonstrated management skills related to planning, organization, team building and follow-up.
- Experience synthesizing and interpret ecological monitoring data
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office and data management
- A valid state driver’s license
Work schedule involves occasional outdoor work in extreme temperatures
Work requires safe use of hand tools, herbicide application equipment, power tools, and heavy machinery. Additional safety equipment and risk management training will be provided if needed. Significant travel is required to inspect and work at field locations and to attend conferences, outreach, and community events. Some weekend or evening work may be required for important events or activities.
The Gila Watershed Partnership offices are located in Safford, Arizona, a small, friendly city on the
edge of the Sonoran Desert and nestled in the shadow of Mount Graham. Safford and the Gila Valley
offer numerous outdoor rec
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Melanie Tluczek, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10, 2018.