- This event has passed.
SIA: Invasives Control in the Patagonias
April 20 @ 2:30 pm - April 22 @ 6:00 pmFree
Invasives Control in the Patagonias
April 20 @ 2:30 pm – April 22 @ 6:00 pm
Sky Island Alliance is partnering with the Coronado National Forest and Borderlands Restoration to restore a diverse riparian understory of native plants for wildlife and pollinators at Falls Spring in the Patagonia Mountains! This weekend we will work to remove invasive species and reclaim the site!
- Friday: If you would like a ride down to our campsite, or if you want to caravan, we will be meeting at the SIA office (406 S 4th Ave) at 2:30 PM Friday.
- Friday: If you’d like to meet us at our campground, plan on joining us after 4:30 PM Friday. The location of our campground is yet to be determined, so stay tuned…
- Saturday: We will work throughout the day with a break for lunch.
- Sunday: We will work through the morning and early afternoon (with a lunch break) and plan to be back to Tucson by 6:00 PM.
THE WORK AND WHAT TO KNOW
We will be focused on removing, or treating, invasive species such as Johnson grass. Volunteers do not need to have prior training to participate. Sky Island Alliance will provide all tools and instruction as well as extra copies of our volunteer waivers which need to be signed by each participant only once per calendar year.
WHAT TO BRING
- Water, snacks, and meals for the weekend.
- Sturdy footwear (ex. hiking boots) with closed toes is encouraged as are rain gear and sun protection (ex. wide-brimmed hat, sunblock, long sleeved shirt and long pants)
- Camping gear for the weekend.
SIA WILL PROVIDE
- Necessary tools and supplies for the weekend’s work.
- Our camp kitchen set up with stoves, pots, pans, and utensils. Please feel free to bring your own as well, if you like.
Contact Bryon at firstname.lastname@example.org.