AZTWS Board Meeting
November 28, 2016
Attendees: Scott Sprague (President), Kay Nicholson (President-elect), Mike Sorum (Recording Secretary), Tiffany Sprague (Board Member), Chris Carrillo (Membership), Callie Hartson (Opportunities), Jessica Moreno (member), Dan Sturla (member), Melanie Tluczek (member)
Not Present: Ryan Revells, Holly Hicks, Dean Pokrajac
Approval of October Minutes
- Dana motioned and Tiffany seconded. Motion carried.
Update AZTWS Operations Manual (Ryan)
- Not Present.
Update on Fun Shoot (Dan)
- Action item: send email to Jonathan Hicks and Jon Hanna.
Treasurer’s Report (Dana)
- Nothing to report.
Newsletter Report (Kay)
- Deadline for winter newsletter is December 13th.
- Tiffany is going to begin taking over the preparation of the newsletter.
Election Committee Report (Kay)
- There is at least one candidate for each open position.
Award Nominations (Kay)
- One nomination was received for each of five awards.
- To give Board members time to read through all nominations, voting to approve will be done via email.
- Kay will provide a description for the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ to be included in the operations manual.
Membership Report (Chris)
- 124 members.
Webmaster report (Dean)
- Not present.
Student Liaison and Student Chapter report (Holly)
- Holly not present.
Continuing Education Survey (Mike)
- Dean to do Survey Monkey.
- Survey sent out. Only one reply.
Legislative Update (Mike)
- Will contact Sandy Bahr for information concerning registration for lobbying.
Parent Society Gift Membership (Tiffany)
- Nothing to report.
2017 Albuquerque Parent Conference Fundraising (All)
- NMTWS Drop box resources: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mnrryhi3rqn9v2z/AAAGeOKtzWtHUYPmtqepM5J1a?dl=0.
- Babbitt Ranches (Holly)
- CODA Enterprises (Holly)
- Bureau of Reclamation (Scott)
- Interview/Resume class
- Proposal Writing Permit class
- Reptile Handling ($55 professional/40 half day)
- Mobile Apps/Drones Jessica Moreno ($50/35 full day, $40/20 half day).
- Field Necropsy?
- Capture Techniques?
- Student Awards
- Best Presentation $250
- Best Poster $100 split 50/50 with NMTWS
- Moderator and judge positions-contact Ginny.
- Monday December 5th 8AM Planning Call.
- JAM Manuel revisions-need initial pass.