Arizona Wildlife Federation Internship
Location: Phoenix/Flagstaff/Tucson, AZ
Position type: Temporary/Seasonal
The Arizona Wildlife Federation (AWF), a non-profit wildlife conservation organization,
is seeking a Program Intern. Please visit www.Azwildlife.org for more information about
our organization. This position provides the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the conservation
field. The Arizona Wildlife Federation is the state’s oldest wildlife conservation
organization and is engaged in a variety of conservation projects throughout the State.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Help implement campaign to retain the mineral withdrawal near the Grand
– Help coordinate and implement campaign to keep public lands in public hands
– Assist AWF staff in communicating with it’s members and the public
– Specific campaign assignments are likely to include issue related research,
preparing written content supporting the AWF position, and building the support
base with local and regional businesses.
– Must have an appreciation for land and natural resource conservation
– Knowledge of the Arizona outdoors a plus
– Must have good written communications skills
– Experience with social media including facebook, twitter and Instagram preferred
– Individual must have a demonstrated history of working independently
– Upper class undergraduate or graduate student preferred
– Prior experience with grassroots advocacy a plus
Compensation, Work Schedule & Work Location:
– Phoenix is the preferred primary work location, but Flagstaff or Tucson may be
considered depending on the candidate.
– Hourly Wage: $15.00
– Weekly schedule is somewhat flexible. Ideally would be 15-20 hours/week
through the end of 2018, but could also be 30-40 hours/week through August.
To apply: Please email you resume and cover letter to Kim Kreuzer, Arizona
Wildlife Federation, awf@Azwildlife.org with Internship Position in subject line.
Deadline for submission of resume and cover letter: Friday, April 28th