- Page 1
- Page 10
- Page 20
- Page 30
- Page 40
- Page 50
- Page 60
- Page 70
- Page 80
WHEN: Tuesday, March 3rd and Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
We have morning (8am – 12pm), afternoon (11am -3pm) or all day (8am – 3pm) shifts available. Regular short breaks are provided throughout the day, and bagels, snacks and coffee will be provided.
WHERE: Catalina State Park, Flycatcher Group Site
We cover park fees for entry.
WHAT: Small groups of 4th-grade students and their parent chaperones move between 20-minute activity stations. Volunteers leading activity stations represent their respective organizations (AZTWS, etc) and their careers in science and conservation while teaching the provided lesson. Training provided!
Activity stations include:
1. Nature walk & check wildlife cameras
2. Camouflage and mimicry activity with paints
3. Wildlife tracks
4. Matching scents and pheromones
5. Using binoculars
6. Live animal interpretation (We need someone to talk about packrats!)
7. Meet school buses at the wildlife bridge (off-site at the Santa Catalina Catholic Church parking lot) to share info about the wildlife crossing project (2x day)
Groups involved include the Coalition for Sonoran Desert Protection, Tucson Audubon Society, Pima County Master Naturalists, and more. We hope you will join us this year and we can include you in the success of this program!
Contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and sign up.
This event in its 4th year. Watch a video from our first event here: