If you would like to participate as a citizen/community scientist, please register here or use the link on the flyer. If you would like to participate as an expert, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency: City of Scottsdale
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
This position serves as one of the principle land management stewards of the McDowell Sonoran Preserve and liaison between City staff, professional and civic interest groups and the general public on day to day matters related to the McDowell Sonoran Preserve and/or Pinnacle Peak Park. This recruitment is for the selection of the Natural Resource Coordinator position based out of one of our trailheads in Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve. The position functions as a member of the Natural Resource team within the Community Services Division with the primary responsibility of the oversight of one of the regions of the Preserve.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Studies, Parks and Recreation Management, or other relevant field from an accredited educational institution.
- Two years of experience providing oversight and resource management of preserve and/or park lands, conservation areas, open-space parks, natural resources, and/or other similar work.
- One year of experience supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- Preferred: Two years of experience supervising staff and/or volunteers.
- Preferred: Experience assessing and maintaining non-paved multi-use trails.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.